83 Years of Excellence in Healthcare Education & Community Service!
Lorma Medical Center is the leading private care referral center for tertiary cases in Northern Luzon. It offers a wide range of various services to meet the health- related needs of the public. Lorma delivers healthcare based on the following core values:
* Personalized service.
* Christian concern for patients and employees.
* Harmony and family-based relationships.
* Clean conducive environment.
* Professional and technological growth.
- Began admitting patients on May 12, 1934
- Founded in 1934 by Dr. & Mrs. Rufino N. Macagba, Sr., both physicians. The couple retired in 1962. Currently, the president and chairman of the board Dr. Rufino N. Macagba, Jr. together with his wife, Dr. Vicky Macagba, runs the hospital.
- In 1970, Lorma was judged by the Philippine Hospital Association and the Philippine Nurses Association as the Most Outstanding Hospital in the Philippines for Community Service in the “100-bed and under” category
- School of Nursing was established in 1970 and is now Lorma Colleges
- In 1971, began outreach program to reach citizens in the outer barrios
- A new 3 storey annex was built in 1974
- In 1976, a contagious pavilion was established
- In 1982, baby monitor was installed
- The first ultrasound machine was inaugurated in 1984
- The first EEG machine was purchased in 1985 and was also marked by a new Intensive Care Unit
- In July 6, 1987, Dr. Florendo performed the 1st Craniotomy in Northern Luzon
- 17 VIP rooms and a 4 th floor were added in November 3, 1990 along with a new Laboratory, Nursery and 24-hour Pharmacy
- In January 1, 1995, the Ilocos Scanning and Imaging Center became operational
- In 1997, the Argon Laser, Yag Laser & Fundus Camera were acquired to give way to laser eye surgery in the North
- Kidney dialysis unit was added in 1997
- First laparoscopic surgery was performed in Northern Luzon in 1998. In the same year, the Lorma Lung Center was established
- Poison Center was established in 2001
- Audiometer was purchased in 2002
- 1st Ultrasonometer for bone scanning was established in 2003. In the same year, the Onsite Home & Office Healthcare services was introduced
- In 2004, signed historic private-public partnership with the Government Service Insurance System of the Philippines to provide exclusive service to its members
- Partnered with Equitable cards to begin accepting credit card payments for hospital and medical services and installed an ATM machine on its premises in 2004
- Introduced the Lorma Health Plan in 2005
- In February 2005, the 1st and only open MRI Center in Northern Luzon was inaugurated
- In May 10, 2006, the Emergency Room opened with the most advanced medical and diagnostic facilities and patient-centered design. The new Medical Arts Building was also inaugurated along with a new Operating Room, Dialysis Center, Laser Unit, EEG Unit, Audiometry Unit , Out-patient Department and new Doctors clinics
- In January 30, 2007, new medical offices were constructed
- New TB D.O.T.S. Center was inaugurated in March 28, 2007
- 11 state-of-the-art patient care rooms were added in August 2007
- ISO 9001:2008 certified in January 29, 2009
- DOH accreditation for Regular Medical Facility for Overseas Workers & Seafarers in February 17, 2009
- Patient healing lounges on the 2nd & 3rd floors of the West Wing opened in April 2009
- Water treatment plant fully functional in 2009
- Perinatology Unit and Corporate Services and Information Center formally opened August of 2009
- Heliport Conference Room became operational in August 2009
- Institute of Nuclear Medicine opened on September 2009
- Awarded “Exemplary Achievements Award” for its consistent exemplary performance in newborn screening for 2 consecutive years 2007 and 2008
- Accredited as a Medical Tourism Hospital by the Department Of Tourism on December 2009
- ISO 9001 : 2008 certified in January 29, 2010
- Christian Fertility Unit & Wellness Center & Integrative Medicine Department opened on March 2010
- Lorma Medical Center Facebook became operational in October 2010
- Accredited by the Philippine Retirement Authority as a Merchant Partner in November 2010 and renewed for 2011
- Christian Fertility Unit had its 1st two live births for the months of June and July 2011
- Maharlika station with 12 suite rooms opened for admission November 2011
- Lorma Telehealth, a follow-up service catering to discharged patients, began in December 2011
- Patient Safety & Quality Management Office formed in February 2012
- Lorma LifeCheck Clinic opened at Sevilla, in front of DMMMSU-MLUC in May 2012
- Kidney Transplant Center opened in June 2012
- 1st Joint Venture between LWIM Center and Nisce Skin Care in July 2012
- Lorma accredited as a Center of Excellence by PhilHealth from May 1, 2012 to April 30, 2015
- Lorma chosen as one of the 15 hospitals nationwide for certification by TÜV Rheinland
- Formalized MOA with The Medical City (TMC) for info exchange, patient referral, training and marketing in August 2012
- Christian Fertility Unit renamed as Dr. William Cooper Fertility Clinic on September 2012
- Lorma becomes an Associate Member of the International Hospital Federation in 2013
- First private hospital in the Region to perform successful Kidney transplantation in April 13, 2013
- First private hospital in the Region accredited as Mother-Baby Friendly Hospital in July 22, 2013
- One of the 7 hospitals nationwide to pass the certification audit of TÜV Rheinland for Medical Tourism on Sept 12, 2013
- Lorma Medical Center, Ilocos Scanning & Imaging Center, and Lorma Lifecheck Clinic re-certified as ISO 9001:2008 for 2014-2016 by TÜV Rheinland Philippines. Lorma also passed the yearly surveillance audit last December 2014.
- Lorma Medical Center received a Pinnacle of Excellence award from DOH for its exceptional performance and significant contribution to Tuberculosis DOTS (directly observed treatment short-course) program.
- Lorma Laboratory received a Pillar of Performance on Microscopy Laboratory award from DOH for its exemplary performance in the delivery of quality diagnostic services in the community and constant compliance in the External Quality Assessment. Award was received on December 2013.
- Accredited as a Medical Tourism Hospital by the Department of Tourism from 2012-2014.
- The Provincial Government of La Union extends its deepest gratitude and sincere appreciation to Lorma Medical Center for one of the most active private/business establishments for local employment in the La Union Jobs Fair CY 2007-2013. Certificate received on February 25, 2014.
- Launching of the Autologous Photo Activated Platelet Rich Plasma (PA-PRP) Treatment by the PA-PRP Team, spearheaded by Dr. Mario Bautista on March 2014.
- Lorma Medical Center received a Plaque of Appreciation from DOH and Philippine Network for Organ Sharing for taking part of Lifeline Guinness World Record For the Most Number of Organ Donor Registrants on February 28, 2014
- The Lorma Laboratory received from the Philippine Red Cross, San Fernando City, La Union Chapter, a Certificate of Recognition for its unselfish support to the Voluntary Blood Donation Program of the Chapter. Award received on July 25, 2014.
- Lorma opened the new ICU & Stroke Unit on the second floor of the north east side of the Medical Arts Building on November 2014. The new ICU has a 21-bed capacity with private rooms, adult and pedia ICU wards, and a stroke unit.
- Lorma received a Certificate of Appreciation from the Air Defense Wing, 580th Aircraft Control & Warning Group, Philippine Air Force, Wallace Air Station, SFLU, in grateful recognition for the invaluable services and wholehearted support rendered during the conduct of its Health Fair 2014 on November 8, 2014.
- The Lorma TB DOTS was a recipient of the Hall of Fame Excellence Award during the 3rd National Tuberculosis Control Program Regional Recognition & Awarding Ceremonies 2014 for its exceptional performance and significant contribution of core team to the National Tuberculosis Control Program in the delivery of ever improving value to patients and stakeholders, contributing to better quality healthcare and organizational sustainability. Also, the Lorma Laboratory was a recipient of the Pillar of Performance on Microscopy Laboratory Award for complementing the Lorma TB DOTS project.
- January & February 2015 – Blessing and soft opening of the new 3rd and 4th floor stations and rooms north east of the Medical Arts Building. The 3rd floor has a 26 – bed capacity, 12 of which are ward beds and the rest are private room beds. The 4th floor has a 23- bed capacity, 7 of which are ward beds and the rest are private room beds.
- According to the Philippine Healthcare Initiative (PHI) Report, since the start of 2014, the Retirement and Healthcare Coalition (RHC) together with TÜV Rheinland has been certifying medical facilities that have passed the international standard of serving patients. Fifteen (15) facilities were initially assessed yet only nine (9) have successfully complied with the requirements set by the Philippine Healthcare Initiative (PHI). The following facilities are: Makati Medical Center, Healthway Philippines, Home Health Care, Aesthetic Institute of the Philippines, Clinica Manila Megamall, Southern Luzon Hospital and Medical Center, Cardinal Santos Medical Center, Dr. Pablo O. Torre Memorial Hospital, and Lorma Medical Center.
- April 2015 – Blessing and opening of the newly expanded Physical Therapy and Rehab Center equipped with new machines and an added Speech Therapy service.
- Formal inauguration of the north east wing, comprising of the New Dietary, Dietary Conference Room, New PT & Rehab Center, ICU & Stroke Unit, 3A, 4A, 5A stations, and OPD-3, Ostomy & Wound Care Unit, Doctors’ Offices on August 17, 2015
- Received accreditation as a Tertiary Hospital by the Department of Tourism. Accreditation valid from September 1, 2015 until August 31, 2017
- Lorma Medical Center received Excellence Awardin the Human Resource Development category during the Hospital Management Asia in Yangon, Myanmar on September 2015
- Lorma Medical Center received the Asia CEO Award 2015 under the category ADP Service Excellence Company of the Year Award on November 11, 2015
- Lorma Medical Center became an accredited hospital for Service by the Philippine Obstetrical and Gynecological Society. The hospital met the minimum requirements for providing holistic and accepted practice for the care of women
- The Office of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan congratulates Lorma Medical Center for winning an Excellence Award in the Human Resource Development Category of the Asian Hospital Management Awards of the Hospital Management Asia for its entry “Highlighting Service Excellence in Lorma” (Resolution Nr 546-2015)
- A Certificate of Appreciation was presented to Lorma Medical Center in grateful recognition for its invaluable services and wholehearted support rendered to 580th Control & Warning Group, Air Defense Wing, Philippine Air Force during the conduct of HEALTH FAIR 2015 in connection with the 65th Founding Anniversary of 580th ACWG, Wallace Air Station. Certificate was given on November 7, 2015 at Wallace Air Station, San Fernando City, La Union.
- The DOH Region 1 Office awarded Lorma Medical Center TB DOTS the Best Performing Microscopy Laboratory on December 2015 for its exemplary performance in the delivery of effective, efficient, accessible and safe diagnostic services in the community and constant compliance in the External Quality Assessment
- A Certificate of Accreditation has been issued to LMC by the Philippine Obstetrical and Gynecological Society, Incorporated for having fulfilled the minimum standard requirements for Maternal and Child Care as prescribed by the Society and categorized as a Level II-B. This accreditation is valid from January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2018.
- Lorma Medical Center received a Certificate of Appreciation from the Veterans of Foreign Wars for its outstanding support to the Col B J Smith VFW Post 9892’s 24th Annual Chili Cook-Off Event on November 28, 2015 at the Bali Hai Beach Resort in Paringao, Bauang, La Union, which supports the VFW’s efforts in Community Service to the local community, schools, US Veterans and their families. Additionally, Lorma’s continued support of US Veterans and their families with their medical care has been outstanding and is very much appreciated in the US veteran ex-pat community. (Given this 14th day of February 2016).
- Blessing and inauguration of the Lorma Cathlab on March 9, 2016.
- Lorma Medical Center received a Certificate of Appreciation for its invaluable support and notable contribution during the celebration of the Sillag Poro Point Festival of Lights 2016. Certificate was given on April 10, 2016.
- Lorma Laboratory’s Blood Bank opened and launched their first bloodletting activity on May 13, 2016.
- Lorma Heart Institute opened on May 2016, and added more services.
- The Lorma Respiratory Unit received a Plaque of Recognition for garnering 1st place during the 23rd National Respiratory Care Week Celebration on the occasion of the annual “ARCPP PAUTAKAN BAGA: An Inter-hospital Respiratory Therapy Quiz Bee Challenge- Professional Category”. The award was given on July 23, 2016 during the 12th Annual ARCPP National Convention.
- DOH-Philcat R1 certified LMC TB DOTS Center for having completed the standard requirements of quality TB DOTS services. This certificate was issued on August 1, 2016 and is valid until July 31, 2019.
- LMC Lactation Center has been issued a Mother-Baby Friendly Workplace Certification on August 22, 2016 by Dr. Myrna C. Cabotaje of DOH R1.
- LMC received a Plaque of Appreciation in grateful appreciation of the unparalleled partnership with the Department of Tourism in promoting tourism in Region 1 as an Accredited Tertiary Hospital for more than 5 consecutive years. This award was received on Sept 29, 2016 at Alaminos City, Pangasinan during the 3rd Tourism Convention.
- Lorma received a Certificate of Appreciation from the Philippine Air Force 580th Aircraft Control & Warning Wing in grateful recognition for the invaluable health services and wholehearted support rendered during the conduct of Health Fair 2016 in connection with the Reactivation Celebration of 580th ACWW, Wallace Air Station. The Certificate is given this 12th day of November 2016 at the Wallace Air Station, San Fernando City, La Union.
- Lorma Medical Center, Ilocos Scanning & Imaging Center, and LifeCheck were certified ISO 9001:2015 by the National Quality Assurance of the United Kingdom Accreditation Service on January 19, 2017. This certification is valid until February 19, 2020.
- Blessing of the Women’s Health Institute, Doctor’s Lounge, Northern Orthopedic Institute on March 7, 2017.
- Lorma Medical Center received a Certificate of Appreciation from Poro Point Management Corporation in grateful appreciation for the invaluable support and notable contribution during the celebration of the Sillag Poro Point Festival of Lights last April 2017. Lorma was the grand champion of the Lights Parade.
- Renovation of the Radiology department and Respiratory Unit were completed in April 2017.
- DOH awards the Certificate of Accreditation to LORMA MEDICAL CENTER as a Mother & Baby-Friendly Health Facility from August 8, 2016 to August 8, 2019. the Certificate was awarded by Dr. Jean B. Rosell-Ubial (Security of Health)
Privately owned by Lorma Medical Center, Incorporated in partnership with Mt. Grace Hospitals, Incorporated with Dr. Rufino L. Macagba, Jr. as President and Chairman of the Board.
LORMA MEDICAL CENTER FACILITY
- Largest private, level 3 referral hospital in Northern Luzon.
- Operates 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.
- Over 600 employees
- With over 200 Medical Specialists
- Lorma has been approved by the DOH as a 200-bed hospital.
- 260 nurses & support personnel
– Ratio at ICU: 3 patients: 1 nurse
– Other rooms: 12 patients: 1 nurse
- 24-hour emergency care including emergency cardiac catheterization and poison center
- Ambulance and mobile care facilities
- 263 nurses
- Capacity: Estimated 500 OPD patients per day
- Outpatient Surgery Center
FACILITIES & SPECIAL UNITS
- Emergency Room
- Lorma Ambulance Service
- Poison Control Center
- Cancer Chemotherapy Unit
- Diabetes and related conditions : Dialysis Center, Kidney Transplant Center
- William Cooper Fertility Clinic
- Full Body Bone Scanning
- Heart Institute
- Hearing Center
- Laser Eye Institute
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Neuroscience Institute : Stroke & Trauma Unit
- Northern Luzon Orthopedic Institute
- Nuclear Medicine
- Physical Therapy & Rehab Center
- Pulmonary Unit
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections
- Wellness & Integrative Medicine Center
- Women’s Health Institute : High Risk Pregnancy Unit, Colposcopy and Cryosurgery, Breast Screening Center
- ECG Unit
- Full Range of Patient Rooms (Suites, Private Rooms, Wards)
- Healing Garden
- Intensive Care Unit
- Lifecheck Clinic
- Mobile Clinic
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Operating Rooms(6)
- TB DOTS Center
- X-ray and Ilocos Scanning & Imaging Corporation
QUALITY & CERTIFICATION
- In 2002, Lorma was awarded the healthiest private hospital in Region 1
- Accredited & licensed for Regular Medical Facility for Overseas Workers & Seafarers on February 2009; Accreditation renewed on October 6, 2015 – December 31, 2017
- ISO 9001 : 20015 Certified by the National Quality Assurance of the United Kingdom Accreditation Service on January 19, 2017. This certification is valid until February 19, 2020.
- Accredited as a Medical Tourism Hospital by DOT 2012-2014 and 2015-2017
- Accredited and licensed for Level 3 of Services by the Department of Health
- Accredited by PhilHealth as Center of Excellence from 2012-2015
A HISTORY OF FIRSTS
- 1st Modern Computerized Dialysis Units in La Union
- 1st Fully Automated Laboratory in the North
- 1st Cancer and Pain Treatment Facility in the North
- 1st Poison Center outside of Metro Manila
- 1st and only Mammogram machine in La Union
- 1st Spectron Central Monitor for Intensive Care
- 1st Laparoscopic Surgery in Region 1
- 1st Echocardiogram Ultrasound in La Union
- 1st Cornea Transplant in Ilocos
- 1st Vein Scope in the Philippines
- 1st Home & Office Laboratory Services in the North
- 1st Computerized Tomography (CT-Scan) in La Union
- 1st Prostate Cancer Detection procedures in La Union
- 1st Fully equipped Surgical Eye Laser Center north of Manila
- 1st Ultrasonometer for Osteoporosis detection in Region 1
- 1st to open MRI in Northern Luzon
- 1st Level 4 Private Hospital in Region 1
- 1st ISO 9001 : 2008 certified Hospital north of Manila
- 1st Joint Venture between Nisce Skin Care and Wellness & Integrative Medicine Center
- 1st Private hospital in Region 1 to earn Center of Excellence distinction by PhilHealth
- 1st Private hospital in Region 1 to perform successful Kidney Transplantation in April 13, 2013
- 1st Private Hospital in the Region to pass certification for Medical Tourism by TÜV Rheinland in 2013
- 1st Private Hospital in the Region to perform and offer Autologous PhotoActivated Platelet Rich Plasma (PA-PRP) Treatment and Stemcell Treatment in March 2014
- 1st Cardiac Catheterization Unit in the Region
- 1st Orthopedic Institute in Northern Luzon
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- In 1970, was adjudged as the most outstanding hospital in the Philippines in Community Service
- Developed the Lorma Community Development Foundation whose objective is to engage upland communities in Northwestern Luzon as partners for improving health, water and sanitation.
- Lorma Mobile Clinic participated in medical missions in La Union and in the Visayas in 2013. The Mobile Clinic continuous to participate in medical missions in La Union and nearby provinces.
- Lorma Medical Center participated in the coastal clean-up activities of the City Government of San Fernando thru the City Environment and Natural Resources on May 19, 2017.
To provide the best quality in personalized health care, with dedication, Holistic approach and Christian concern.
Lorma Medical Center and ISIC is internationally recognized for excellence in total health care and continuous innovations with the highest level of satisfaction for all.
Rufino L. Macagba Jr., MD, MPH
CHAIRMAN & PRESIDENT
Robert F. Kaiser Jr., CFA, CHA
EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT
Dr. Mario T. Bautista, MD, DPBS, FPCS, MBA-Health
Dr. Raymond L. Espinosa, FPNA
ASST. MEDICAL DIR. FOR STAFF DEVELOPMENT & TRAINING
Dr. Jeisela B. Gaerlan, FPPS, DTM&H
ASST. MEDICAL DIR. FOR MED. SPECIALIST RELATIONS
Dr. Hildegunda Santos, MD, FPAFP
CHAIRMAN, FAMILY MEDICINE
Dr. Richard Ronald B. Cacho, MD, FPOGS, FSGOP, FPSCPC
ASSISTANT MEDICAL DIRECTOR FOR HOSPITAL RELATIONS AND MANAGEMENT LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT / DIRECTOR FOR ANCILLARY SERVICES
Ms. Lilian Silvino, RMT
ASST. DIRECTOR FOR ANCILLARY SERVICES
Mrs. Glory B. Mayo, MSN
Mr. Ismael G. Caasi, MBA, CHA
CHIEF FINANCE OFFICER
Mrs. Teresita Q. Klug, MBA
DIRECTOR FOR MARKETING & ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES
Mrs. Emily Joy Acosta-Gacad PhD.
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Dr. Rufino L. Macagba, Jr.
Mr. Robert F. Kaiser
Mrs. Gena Ignacio
Mrs. Josephine M. Agustin
Mr. Leo Agustin II
Mr. Rufino “JJ” Macagba III
Mr. Philipp Fredrick M. Kaiser
Mrs. Kristen T. Brindisi
Ms. Aisha M. Tadiar
Josephine M. Agustin, CPA, MBA